National Indigenous Education Symposium 2023
FSC is pleased to be sponsoring the National Indigenous Education Symposium 2023, hosted by CICan and IIC. Join our Executive Director, Pedro Barata, and Strategic Advisor, Fiona Deller, as well as 200 college and institute leaders from across Canada to discuss reconciliation in higher education.Register
Oct 16-Oct 18, 2023
Ramada Plaza Downtown Regina 1818 Victoria Ave Regina, Saskatchewan
Colleges & Institutes Canada
Colleges and Institutes Canada (CICan), in collaboration with the Indigenous Institutes Consortium (IIC) are pleased to announce the National Indigenous Education Symposium 2023, sponsored by FSC. Executive Director Pedro Barata, Strategic Advisor Fiona Deller, and Research Evaluation Associate Katie McLaren will be speaking at this event.
Be part of a stimulating and interactive event where leaders from Indigenous institutes, from postsecondary institutions, colleges and institutes, as well as from stakeholder organizations, industry and government, will come together to share knowledge and exemplary practices in serving Indigenous peoples and communities and contributing to their sustainability and prosperity.
The symposium, which has as its theme Operationalizing Reconciliation, will bring together more than 200 college and institute leaders from across Canada serving Indigenous peoples.
- Place Indigenous learners at the centre of the solution to the labour market, environmental, and healthcare crisis.
- Provide a unique opportunity for participants to reflect and share experiences and best practices on Indigenous education related issues.
- Reflect on the role of Canadian postsecondary institutions (Indigenous institutes, colleges, institutes, cégeps, universities and polytechnics) in responding to the learning needs of Indigenous peoples and communities, including the promotion of Indigenous languages.
- Provide opportunities for participants to network and share experiences, approaches, and best practices in supporting reconciliation.
- Build community support for reconciliation and Indigenous-led post-secondary education across Canada.
- Provide innovative and leading-edge insights to support government engagement activities for the sector.
- Recognizing and learning from the uniqueness of Indigenous-lead institutions.
- Amplify the voices of learners, educators, and leaders of Canada’s Indigenous institutes, colleges and institutes.
Use the hashtag #NIES2023 to stay in the conversation!