Join us for an exploration in alternative models of documenting and assessing apprenticeship with the Canadian Apprenticeship Forum (CAF).
In this session, the Canadian Apprenticeship Forum – Forum Canadien sur l’apprentissage (CAF-FCA) will outline their plan to pilot an innovative new competency assessment tool, the Valid-8, which is being adapted for use in Canada by its British developers. Our event chair Emily Arrowsmith, Project Manager and Researcher for CAF, will engage a panel of practitioners and experts on exploring options to non-paper-based approaches to the assessment of apprenticeship competencies, a discussion that has broader applicability to other work-integrated learning contexts.
- Emily is the Project Manager and Researcher at the Canadian Apprenticeship Forum
- Michael is current Chair of the Canadian Council of Directors of Apprenticeship (CCDA) and Director of Apprenticeship and Occupational Certification, Government of New Brunswick
- Robert Smart, Creator of VALID-8
- Daniel Casey, Director of Training, Lar Mex
- Bev Young, Training Director, National Construction Council, UBC (United Brotherhood of Carpenters and joiners).